Friday, November 21, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Okay, this is my favorite time of year for several reasons. Needless to say, I enjoy family togetherness, teaching my children about the true meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas.......but come on, I am only human.......and female on top of that!

So Here is my Top Ten List for why this is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

10. It is chillier, so I can hide my chubbiness in some great jeans and not be too hot.

9. My kids don't want to run around naked (as much) because it is too cold, so I look like a better mother in my neighbor's eyes.

8. School is in session! Need I say more?

7. All new shows on TV.

6. Yummy warm homemade soups and rolls.

5. Hot cocoa and whipped cream.

4. The Gym is not (as) crowded as it usually is.

3. Motorcross season is down for a couple of months, which means Jared is home more often!

2. Shopping, Shopping and more Shopping. And if it is window shopping, it counts as a workout too!

1. I can trick my kids into thinking it is really late at night just because the sun has gone down. "Look how dark it is outside, it is way past your bed time, hurry!" little do they know that it is only 6 pm! (However, this does seem to backfire in the summer, when the sun doesn't go down until 9 pm)


So back to reason number two.......Shopping! We just returned from a glorious trip to the newly remodeled Galleria Mall. It is amazing! I am so excited about all the new stores. However, this does pose one small problem. All the stores that I used to shop from online, are now in our mall, which means that everyone else will be wearing the same stuff we are. shucks! but it does make window shopping a lot more fun. Some of my old favorites have moved in, like H&M, Delia's, Pumpkin Patch, Janie and Jack, and we are even getting a Tiffany's,(I don't plan on shopping there, but it will be fun to look) The family restroom is so cool too, there are private nursing rooms, a big flat screen tv and plenty of toys for the older kids to play with. there are little tiny pottys and they even supply lotion and a microwave. I can't wait to go back without the kids. Jared is even excited about it, which shows how great it is, because Jared is tough to impress when it comes to shopping. Good thing gas prices are 1.89$ a gallon!

3 comments:

DebLawson said...

Hey there Laura!
I miss being your visiting teacher...
Still can't believe you have 4 kids and it's crazy how big the girls are!!
Your family is beautiful...
so fun to have the 2 girls and 2 boys... such perfect-ness! :)
Let's keep in touch!
~Deb

Jen said...

Hey Laura - I agree, that mall is too cool

A. Hunter said...

The Galleria is still so new...how could they be remodeling it already!?!?! I love the shopping part of this holiday season as well. I'm definitely ready for Christmas. I need to come out there for a day of shopping at the new improved Galleria. I love that place.